Thursday 2 October 2014

Unit 53: My 2D Animations

During a small section of section of my course I was asked to produced both a "Bouncing Ball" animation and  a "Walk Cycle" to show my understanding of how to use Adobe Flash animation.

For the bouncing ball animation I have chosen to make it look like an eyeball to show my ability to use gradient colours specifically, here is the animation; http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14685444/

While working on the walk cycle I decided to make my characters similar to those used in the "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" series thus I have created a MLP walk cycle to use within my final animation; http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14685436/

I have enjoyed using Flash though found it difficult initially as I had not used an animation software before though I feel this process has gone well for me. If I were to do this over I would look closer into creating a more fluid walk cycle with better sound backing as I feel what I have done is not sufficient enough, however, I did enjoy making the bouncing ball sequence as I got to experiment with colours and gradients.



Here are a series of expressions I made for the character I will be using for my 2D Animation of The Magic Paintbrush. She is based on a MLP (My Little Pony) character base as I want to make this story an adventure for her to find her cutie mark.
Here is my moving leg gif I made using Flash bone tool. I feel that using the bone tool is difficult to learn however i feel it is easier to use than re-drawing the same character with a different movement each time. I enjoyed using the one tool despite it's difficulty and have decided that this will help me with the rest of my animation. I do however need to improve my skills as you can see from the above gif I am not good with extending materials while making the image, for example; jeans/trousers and socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment